|Topic||Professional Paper Worksheet Template|
|Sources / references|
|Description / paper instructions
Professional Paper Worksheet Guidelines
The purpose of this assignment is to allow the learner to demonstrate good organization, appropriate resources, and correct APA format for preparing a professional paper.
This assignment enables the student to meet the following course outcomes.
CO #3. Demonstrate effective verbal, written, and technological communication using legal and ethical standards for transferring knowledge using success resources provided to Chamberlain students. (PO #3)
CO #4. Integrate critical thinking and judgment in professional decision-making in collaboration with faculty and peers. (PO #4)
CO #5. Apply concepts of professionalism when planning for personal, intellectual, and professional development. (PO #5)
CO #9. Demonstrate accountability for personal and professional development by assessing information and technology competence, implementing plans for upgrading technology skills, and using effective strategies for online student success using resources provided to Chamberlain students. (PO #5)
Submit the assignment to the Week 3 Dropbox by Sunday, 11:59 p.m. MT.
This assignment is worth a total of 125 points.
PREPARING THE PROFESSIONAL PAPER WORKSHEET
1. Carefully read this document (Professional Paper Worksheet Guidelines), including the Rubric.
2. From Doc Sharing, download the Professional Paper Worksheet Template. Rename that document as Your Last Name Professional Paper Worksheet.docx. Save it to your own computer or flash drive in a location where you will be able to retrieve it later. Type your assignment directly on the saved document. Remember that only Microsoft Word 2010 or a later version is acceptable. The document must be saved as a .docx. Save your work frequently as you type to prevent loss of your work.
3. Recall the Nurse of the Future Nursing Core Competency that you selected for your Professional Paper Topic in the Week 1 Time Management Plan assignment.
4. Locate pages in your Hood textbook that correspond to your paper topic. HINT: See Syllabus!
5. In the Chamberlain Online Library, enter CINAHL and use Advanced Search to limit the search to scholarly professional nursing journal articles on your topic that meet the following criteria:
a. Is peer-reviewed (meaning that the articles were blindly reviewed by a panel of nurse experts prior to publication)
b. First author is a nurse with advanced degrees listed on the article
c. Article has at least 3 pages
d. Has a reference list at the end of the article with citations used throughout the body of the article
e. Does not use second person (the word: you)
f. Is not a brief item, editorial, news item, or review
g. Was published within the last 5 years
h. NOTE: The article selected must be available in full text in the Chamberlain Online Library via CINAHL (preferably PDF).
i. HINT: Set the Advanced Search limitations to match as many of the criteria above as possible.
6. Select one article from your above search to use for this assignment. Read the article.
7. Create a reference in APA format for the article you selected.
8. Select a 10–25-word quotation from that article that you plan to use in your Professional Paper. Do not select words or ideas that the author(s) attribute to another source. Provide the quotation and citation in correct APA format.
9. Select an important passage from the article to paraphrase in your Professional Paper. State the location (e.g., 5th paragraph on page 829) of that passage. Provide your paraphrased wording and citation in correct APA format.
10. Prepare a detailed outline for your Professional Paper as indicated on the Template (topics only, not complete sentences). NOTE: Professional Paper will be 500–600 words of content.
11. Double check your answers with the rubric prior to submission.
12. When your assignment is complete, save and close the Professional Paper Worksheet Template. Enter the course and submit the document as an attachment to the Week 3 Dropbox. See the Week 3 Assignments page for step-by-step instructions on how to use the Dropbox.
Page numbers in Hood textbook on your topic 10 points 8% Clearly state page numbers in Hood textbook that correspond to the selected topic.
Reference for Journal Article 25 points 20% Create a reference for the article selected using correct APA format including: authors, year, article title, journal name, volume number, issue number, page numbers, italics, parentheses, punctuation, line spacing, and hanging indent.
Quotation and Citation 20 points 16% Type a quotation (10–25 words) from selected article using correct APA citation including quotation marks, authors’ names, year, page numbers, and parentheses. Do not use words or ideas that the authors cited from another source.
Paraphrased Area and Citation 25 points 20% State location in article of area to be paraphrased (paragraph and page number). Type appropriately paraphrased version using correct APA citation including authors’ names, year, and parentheses. Do not use words or ideas that the authors cited from another source.
Total 125 points 100% A quality assignment will meet or exceed all of the above requirements.
Reference is not for the article selected.
Professional Paper WorksheetTemplate
Student Name: Date: