For Part I, you are being introduced to the Zero-to-Three organization. Zero-to-Three is a national, nonprofit organization that provides parents, professionals and policymakers the knowledge and know-how to nurture early development. Please review the organizations mission statement and resources for parents — the main web site link is below :
Once you have become familiar with the organization’s website and offerings, please listen to (1) Podcast from Zero to Three’s website link below and provide answers to the (5) questions below.
ZERO TO THREE’s podcast series, Little Kids, Big Questions , addresses some of the most common (and challenging) issues facing parents of babies and toddlers, such as: helping a baby learn to sleep through the night; dealing with a picky eater; and learning to set limits on children’s behavior. The series is hosted by Ann Pleshette Murphy, a past contributor to ABC’s Good Morning America Parenting Segment and Vice President of the ZERO TO THREE Board of Directors.
Once you are done listening, please complete a 1-2 page summary. In your document, please:
1) share the podcast title and author
2) explain why did you chose this area to explore
3) offer what specific materials and/or suggestions did you find most interesting?
4) tell what area you plan to investigate more about and where you plan to obtain the information
5) since family’s differ, what suggestions do you think may differ depending on the family’s culture, economic status or environment characteristic, please explain.
For part one you only need to write a summary for ONE podcast. It is my hope that you will listen to more than one!
For Part II, please review the separate video series below:
1. In a 1-2 page summary, please explain how parents and other caregivers can support early stem learning?
*Please keep in mind that for Part I and Part II, I am expecting you to support your work with additional research (scholarly information).