THESE ARE NOT THE FULL INSTRUCTIONS!!!!
THE INSTRUCTIONS ARE IN THE WORD DOCUMENT CALLED ”INSTRUCTIONS”.
PLEASE READ THE FULL INSTRUCTIONS IN THE WORD DOC so you know what I am talking about.
What I am writing below is further explanation and some tips. (read ”instructions” before continuing)
(I sorted the data on excel and took a screenshot, no need to analyse the whole data set, I sorted it)
I uploaded an excel sheet with some data of the customers. You will have to find the best 2 target segments to create the primary buyer persona and the secondary buyer persona in order to do the second part of the project. (I sorted the data on excel and took a screenshot, so no need for you to analyse the whole data set, I sorted it) I uploaded a screenshot of the data sorted by gender, number of ticket generated, value, season, and average ticket in a PNG file called ”Data SORTED (2)” (you can maybe just look at this one)
In my opinion (correct me if I’m wrong), the 2 buyers personas that we should target the most are:
1-FEMALE as a whole (largest revenue generated 9436€), specially from Great Britain (revenue 4502€) in the SUMMER season since it’s the biggest revenue (revenue 2311€) and avg ticket (39.2€)
2-MALE as a whole (2505€), specially from the USA (Revenue 1107€), also in the SUMMER season (753€ revenue), even if their average ticket is low 47.1€ (but they are many since they generated the largest revenue and the goal is to gain awareness so we need quantity)
I uploaded templates for the Primary Buyer Persona and Secondary Buyer Persona. You can just fill them in.
2nd part of the project: How to target them accurately?
READ THE WORD DOCUMENT CALLED INSTRUCTIONS!!
The report should be 7 pages but if you have to write more tell me. I counted the 2 buyers personas as 2 pages. so the rest should be 4 to 5 pages.
YouareconsultingforVeggie Deli,avegetarianrestaurantinMarbella,thathas asked you to design a campaign targeting English-speakingresidentsintheMalaga province in order to increase buzz and top-of-mind. Theyarealreadydoingagoodjobattractinglocalnativesand theybelieve itwouldbeagoodopportunitytoexpandtheircustomerbasethrough thisparticulargroup.ShowinghigherAverageOrderTickets,andlonger CustomerLifetimeValues, thisnew audiencelacksgeneralawarenessoftherestaurant.
Inordertoadequatelytargetthegroup,youwillfirstneedtodefineaPrimaryBuyerPersona and a Secondary Buyer Persona,both of which should represent the two mostvaluablesegment of customers. BuyerPersonashelpcompaniesempathizewithparticularlyhigh-value consumersin order to producecontentandpromotionsthatattract, seduce, andconvertthemintoloyalcustomers.Byknowingwhotheyare;howtheybehave,whattheylike,andhowtheyfeel,yourorganizationwillbebetterequippedtoidentifythesehighlyvaluablecostumersoutofthemassofonlineconsumersandtargetthemappropriately.
Asthisrestaurant’smarketingconsultantyouaregivenalistofmoreor less than600English–speakingcustomerswhovisitedtherestaurantlastyear.Incompleteasitis, youmayonlyconsiderthisdata-setforthejob. Sievethroughthenumbers, findpatterns,andhypothesizeabout what does it all mean. Onceyouhavelockedinaspecificarchetype, conductashortresearchtoproducerelatableBuyer Personas.
- Identification:Identifythemostvaluablesegmentsofcustomersbycross-examiningthedifferentdimensions,assessingwhichofthesegmentswouldrepresentabetterbusinessopportunityfortherestaurant.Youwillneedtojustifyyouranswer. WhichsegmentshouldyoutargetasprimaryBuyerPersona? And as secondary Buyer Personas? Whydid you make these choices?Trytothinkasarestaurantmanagerwould:maybeyoucanfindpatternsin the data which tellthestoryof differentcustomerjourneys. Toconductthisanalysis, youmayconsiderthetechniquesshowninthevideo-tutorial, butifyoufeelmorecomfortablewithotherdataanalysisandvisualizationtoolsyou maygoforwardwiththem.
- Characterization:After identifying hypothesis, you should conductanonlineresearch, readingreal, vegetarianand veganblogarticles, discussionforums, reviews and ratings, Facebook, Twitter andInstagrampages, watchvideos on YouTube,and maybe eventalktoarealvegetarian. Once the research is finalized, you should have acquiredBuyer Personas’keywords, jargon and slang, you should have understoodtheirmotivationsandpersonality. Inthereport,fleshoutarelatablecharacter. Thischaracterneedstobeasrealisticaspossible: themoreinspiredbyresearch, ratherthanpure intuition,themoreaccurateyourBuyerPersonawillbe, and the better advertising you will be able to conduct.It should be the cornerstone of any ensuing digital marketing strategies and actions.(TEMPLATES TO FILL)
2nd Part of the report (After Finding the Primary Buyer Persona, Create ads, SEO, SEM to target it).
Now that you have a Customer Journey Map and defined the Buyer Personas, you must engage in creating an Awareness Campaign for this restaurant with the objective of getting the restaurant known to the target audience.
For this purpose, you will be asked to create mock-ups of actual digital ads that may be appealing to the Buyer Personas defined in the previous exercise. After researching to build a realistic Buyer Persona, you should have an understanding of what makes them tick and would be able to generate ads that speak to them and make them click.
Thus, here are the deliverables you should include:
- Viral:Come up with a viral idea to get as much reach as possible (focus on shares). Use the STEPPS framework to assist you in building the necessary viral potential for this idea. This is a creative, format-free exercise, not constrained by any limitations whatsoever. You may create a video, a contest, a challenge, a social event, or any other format you may see fit for your goals. You should include a logical explanation of how your viral campaign will motivate users to participate and share your idea.
- SEO:Brainstorm among yourselves for keywords and questions which your Buyer Personas may be searching actively on the internet that have an “informational” intent (climate change, animal rights, veganism vs vegetarianism vsflexitarianism…) . Then, use this tool to create at least 10 SERP snippets (aprox 2 per candidate) that would equate to blog articles and content the restaurant may want to produce to attract clicks. The SERP snippet is one of the most important SEO elements, as it will define the moment of truth of the click. Create surprising and attractive headlines, with a URL and a meta-description that gathers the clicks
- SEM:Consider keywords and questions which your Buyer Personas may be searching actively on the Internet, for you to try to impact them in the micro-moment when they decide to go to a restaurant. Then, use this tool to create at least 10 mock-up ads (aprox. 2 per candidate) that the restaurant may want to produce to attract the highest number of clicks. Be creative, add extensions and use keywords with high purchase intent (best restaurant, take away, delivery, best vegan restaurant near me …).
You can find inspiration here https://buzzsumo.com/blog/most-shared-headlines-study/ and here https://buffer.com/resources/the-most-popular-words-in-most-viral-headlines
Make screenshots of your ads and paste them in your Final Report. Please comment on your choices and briefly explain how your campaign will garner the necessary awareness this restaurant needs.