SOCW 6070: Supervision, Leadership, and Administration in Social Work Organizations
Please note that this is a master level course so master level work. Please check the grammar and you have to use the reading that I have provided to you. You must answer all the questions that I post. Thank you.
· Evaluate program effectiveness
· Develop recommendations for improving program effectiveness
· Evaluate personal leadership characteristics, style, and skills
Evaluation and Outcomes Assessment
• Benton, A. D., & Austin, M. J. (2010). Managing nonprofit mergers: The challenges facing human service organizations. Administration in Social Work, 34(5), 458–479.
• King, D., & Hodges, K. (2013). Outcomes-driven clinical management and supervisory practices with youth with severe emotional disturbance. Administration in Social Work, 37(3), 312–324.
• Lawrence, C., Strolin-Goltzman, J., Caringi, J., Claiborne, N., McCarthy, M., Butts, E., & O’Connell, K. (2013). Designing evaluations in child welfare organizations: An approach for administrators. Administration in Social Work, 37(1), 3–13.
• Lynch-Cerullo, K., & Cooney, K. (2011). Moving from outputs to outcomes: A review of the evolution of performance measurement in the human service nonprofit sector. Administration in Social Work, 35(4), 364–388.
• Plummer, S.-B., Makris, S., & Brocksen, S. M. (Eds.). (2014c).
Social work case studies: Foundation year. Baltimore, MD: Laureate International Universities Publishing [Vital Source e- reader].
o “Social Work Research: Program Evaluation” (pp. 66-68)
Final Project: Leadership Assessment
Earlier in the course, you were asked to informally evaluate your leadership skills and qualities. In this Final Project, you use formal assessment tools to identify your areas of strength and areas in which you need further development. You may use the results of this self-assessment to develop a plan to gain the skills and experiences that will help you move toward achieving your short- and long-term professional goals and objectives.
Using the assessment tools provided in Introduction to Leadership: Concepts and Practice, conduct a self-assessment of your own leadership characteristics, style, and skills. Complete at least four assessment tools for this self-assessment. In addition, select one tool to give to a colleague or supervisor so he or she can assess your leadership skills.
Final Project (2–4 pages in APA format):
Evaluate your current leadership characteristics, style, and skills based on the assessment tools you and your colleague/supervisor completed. Be sure to:
• Include actual results or summaries of the results you collected using these tools
• Identify personal leadership strengths as well as areas for improvement
Include references to the leadership concepts covered in this course and relevant issues related to ethics, diversity, and power in the organizational setting