For this assignment, you will begin by completing the Self-Assessing Social and Emotional Instruction and Competencies: A Tool for Teachers (Links to an external site.) self- assessment developed by the Center on Great Teachers and Leaders at American Institute for Research. This tool focuses on five teacher social and emotional competencies, including self-awareness, self-management/emotion regulation, social awareness, relationship/social skills, and responsible decision making, (Yoder, 2014, p. 8).
After completing the self- assessment:
- 1. Discuss which social and emotional competency you scored the highest. Conclude what might have influenced your score in this area. (1 point)
- 2. Discuss which social and emotional competency you scored the lowest. Conclude what might have influenced your score in this area. (1 point)
- 3. Explain whether you agree or disagree with your self-assessment scores. Make sure to support your explanation with specific evidence or examples. (1 point)
- 4. Explain the leadership skills you possess that support the self-rating you received on the different social-emotional competencies (i.e., self-awareness, self-management/emotion regulation, social awareness, relationship/social skills, and responsible decision making) (1.5 points)
- 5. Propose at least two professional learning experiences that could facilitate improvement in areas in which you scored lowest. (1.5 points)
- 6. Summarize how you will use your self-assessment to design a classroom environment that incorporates evidence-based and developmentally appropriate strategies to promote social and emotional development. (1.5 points)
- 7. Explain how completing this self-assessment activity has further helped to shape your philosophy of teaching and learning, and will further assist you in becoming a 21st-century educator. (1 point)
Research and Resource Expectations:
- Source Requirement (.25 points):
- At least two scholarly peer-reviewed or reliable sources
PLACE THE ORDER WITH US TODAY AND GET A PERFECT SCORE!!!
error: Content is protected !!