Role of Theory in Research Essay
An explanation of the role of theory in research. Next, identify a theory in your discipline and explain its basic tenets. Then, with this theory in mind, consider your answer to the following question posed by Dr. Burkholder in this week’s reading: “What do I have to believe about the world and about human beings in order for me to accept or use this theory?” Finally, describe the extent to which the epistemological and ontological assumptions of your chosen theory align with the philosophical orientation that reflects your worldview.
Be sure to support your Main Issue Post and Response Post with reference to the week’s Learning Resources and other scholarly evidence in APA Style.
- Chapter Excerpt: de Vaus, D. A. (2001). Research design in social research. Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage.
Research Design in Social Research by De Vaus, D.A. Copyright 2001 Sage Publications Ltd. Reprinted by permission of Sage Publications Ltd., via the Copyright Clearance Center.
- Course Text: Babbie, E. (2016). Basics of social research (7th ed.). Boston, MA: Cengage Learning.
- Chapter 2, “Paradigms, Theory, and Research”
- Website: Walden University: Library. (2015b). Searching and finding information in the library databases: Overview. Retrieved from http://academicguides.waldenu.edu/searchingfinding
Be sure to review all sections within this guide: “Overview,” “Keyword Searching,” “Subject and Index Searching,” and “Find Full Text.”
- Website: Walden University: Library. (2015c) Theorists and theories: Discover theorists & theories. Retrieved from http://academicguides.waldenu.edu/theory
Be sure to review all sections within this guide: “Discover Theorists & Theories,” “Find Books by Theorists,” and “Find Articles by Theorists.”
GET THIS PROJECT NOW BY CLICKING ON THIS LINK TO PLACE THE ORDER
Do You Have Any Other Essay/Assignment/Class Project/Homework Related to this? Click Here Now [CLICK ME] and Have It Done by Our PhD Qualified Writers!!
PLACE THE ORDER WITH US TODAY AND GET A PERFECT SCORE!!!
error: Content is protected !!