Models of Practice Paper to Address the Issue (2-3 pages) – minimum of 6 references – 5 of which must be peer-reviewed journals)
Model practice to be used: solution focused and/or task-centered
· Describe the role of social work in the development and history of your chosen social issue or problem
· Describe models of practice that have been developed to deal with or cope with the problem. Integrate what we know of the issue as it relates to women, ethnic and sexual minorities, and other potentially oppressed groups. (Please the Crossover Youth Practice Model as the model of practice that has been developed)
· Conclusion – summary of the paper (8-10 sentences maximum)
Final Analyses Paper (2-3 pages) – analyze the model of practice utilizing each of the three theoretical perspectives. Note: Include the headings as listed. Use library resources, such as books or journal articles, to support your contentions and provide appropriate citations (minimum of 4 references – 3 of which must be peer-reviewed journals). Reference page required
· Recommend a model of practice
o Analyze using theories
· For each theory identify the theory’s relationship to the focus of the practice model.
o From a theoretical stand point (for each theory)
o Identify the strengths (at least one) of the model.
o Identify the weaknesses (at least one) of the model.
o Identify the social problem
o State its importance to social work
o Restate the model of practice
o highlight the key strength and weaknesses according to the theory
o From a theoretical standpoint (based on strengths and weakness) does the model of practice address the needs of the population?
o In retrospect would you recommend the model?
o What modification of the model, if any, would improve its application to the social problem?
Crossover Youth Practice Model – https://cjjr.georgetown.edu/our-work/crossover-youth-practice-model/
Other useful sites: