Question 1 (510):
“Build or Buy”
A company that is looking to replace a legacy system. The company is evaluating whether it is better to “build” a new replacement or better to “buy” an existing out of the box system. Please research and in paragraph form:
1. Give the advantages and disadvantages of each building your own or buying an existing system.
2. Give your opinion, after your research, which option do you think is better. (There is no correct answer)
Question 2 (512):
“Data and Images” Please respond to the following:
• Lossless and lossy are the two (2) universally known categories of compression algorithms. Compare the two (2) categories of algorithms, and determine the major advantages and disadvantages of each. Provide one (1) example of a type of data for which each is best suited.
• BitMap and object (i.e., vector) are the two (2) categories of images. Compare the two (2) categories of images, and determine the advantages, and disadvantages of each. Provide one (1) example of type of file for which each is best suited.
Question 3: (332)
When you set up your first Windows 2016 server and configure it as a domain, there are a few things to consider. There are points where it is relatively easy at points, as you just answer a few questions like what language you use, your keyboard, etc. At other points, it becomes more involved.
1. Based on your reading and labs that you may have started this week, what do you think would be a good name for your server(s) and why?
• What about server password security?
• What are some things to consider when setting that up?
2. Do you think it is important to have different security levels on servers versus workstations and why?
3. Will you use DHCP or hard-coded IPs for
Flesh out your thoughts and interact with your classmates. Post your initial response by Wednesday each week and then return on a couple of other days to see what’s going on with the discussions. The more you interact, the more you learn from your peers, and the more you share with them about what you know. You’ll also be showing your instructor what you’ve picked up.
Choose one of the following to respond to. Be sure to indicate which one you are addressing in your response.
Pick an example of a potential vulnerability when you might be willing to hire, or accept, a gray hat? This may include “bug bounties.” If you believe you would never use a gray hat, explain why and the alternative you might pursue.
Discuss no less than three motivations for hacking. How can understanding motivation help one develop a strategy for defending against such threats?